Your support and presence is key to the continued operation of educational facilities in which you will teach struggling students. You will teach subject such as English, Maths, Science and grammar in schools and community centres, as well helping with sports, basic computer skills, and team skills.
Raising cultural awareness and assisting in community-based conservation programs, are all ways in which you will serve as a community role model, promoting respect for Nepal’s heritage and environment, helping the children to develop into responsible citizens.
Our goal is to transfer new skills and develop a foundation to improve lives by providing enthusiastic volunteers to support the education centers in Nepal.
How this project makes a difference:
In Nepal more than one third of the population lives below the poverty line and most schools can’t afford the teachers or supplies needed to provide an effective education.
GVI supplies local schools with ongoing support to increase the community’s educational opportunities. If the students can improve their English skills they will have a better chance of getting further education and a good job, breaking them out of the cycle of poverty.
Nepal's short, mid, and long-term objectives
All of our programs have short, mid and long-term objectives that fit with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This enables us to report on our collaborative impact across the world in a streamlined manner, measuring which UN SDGs we are making a substantial contribution to. Furthermore, this will help our local partners and communities measure and visualize their contribution to the UN SDGs.
Upon arrival to base, you will be educated about the history of the UN SDGs. You will learn about the specific goals of your location, the long-, mid- and short-term objectives, and also clarification of how your personal, shorter-term involvement contributes to these goals on a global level.
Our aim is to educate you on local and global issues, so that you continue to act as active global citizens after your program, helping to fulfil our mission of building a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference.
Learn about the long-term objectives you will be contributing to in Nepal:
1. Support students to reach learning goals appropriate to their Age (under 5s) Grade level (5-18 year olds) or Individual Need (students with Special Needs)
2.Support students to expand their English vocabulary
3. Increase the knowedge and understanding of Healthcare in the community with an emphasis on prevention
4. Develop the skills of women in the community in order to improve their potential to generate income or to become more self sufficient
5. Support the local community with improved facilities with an emphasis on educational and health and safety needs
6. To minimize our environmental impact in Lakeside and raise awareness of environmental issues amongst volunteers and the students with whom we work