Your support and presence is vital to the continued improvement of basic standards of health and hygiene, and in the improvement of educational facilities.
As a volunteer you will be expected to serve as a community role model, promoting respect for Nepal’s heritage and environment.
Our goal is to transfer new skills and develop a foundation to improve the lives of the Nepalese people by providing volunteers to support in various construction projects through the community.
How this project makes a difference:
Nepal is a landlocked and developing nation, and its people suffer from a lack of hygiene, education and skilled labour with more than one third of the population living below the poverty line. By working to improve many basic issues you are helping to improve the lives and opportunities of the local communities with which we work.
Nepal's short, mid, and long-term objectives
All of our programs have short, mid and long-term objectives that fit with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This enables us to report on our collaborative impact across the world in a streamlined manner, measuring which UN SDGs we are making a substantial contribution to. Furthermore, this will help our local partners and communities measure and visualize their contribution to the UN SDGs.
Upon arrival to base, you will be educated about the history of the UN SDGs. You will learn about the specific goals of your location, the long-, mid- and short-term objectives, and also clarification of how your personal, shorter-term involvement contributes to these goals on a global level.
Our aim is to educate you on local and global issues, so that you continue to act as active global citizens after your program, helping to fulfil our mission of building a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference.
Learn about the long-term objectives you will be contributing to in Nepal:
1. Support students to reach learning goals appropriate to their Age (under 5s) Grade level (5-18 year olds) or Individual Need (students with Special Needs)
2.Support students to expand their English vocabulary
3. Increase the knowedge and understanding of Healthcare in the community with an emphasis on prevention
4. Develop the skills of women in the community in order to improve their potential to generate income or to become more self sufficient
5. Support the local community with improved facilities with an emphasis on educational and health and safety needs
6. To minimize our environmental impact in Lakeside and raise awareness of environmental issues amongst volunteers and the students with whom we work