In Thailand, you will be working in a social centre
for disabled children leading simple games, exercises, play or art therapy and learning activities with children based there. At other times you will be teaching and leading health and hygiene education and sports programs at the local school and care centre. Other opportunities for teaching and support in other sectors of the community may be available during your stay and is subject to demand from the community and our local partners.
While assisting local communities in Nepal, you will be providing immediate support to those who do not often receive sufficient attention. You will be getting involved in leading rehabilitative exercises, teaching basic First Aid, assisting in learning activities and taking health and hygiene workshops, so will be providing welcome support to a variety of individuals in a variety of ways.
How this project makes a difference
In Thailand the infrastructure, support and resources for the disabled is extremely limited. The added support to the families of these individuals helps reduce their burden and provide them with tools they can use at home. Leading simple health related exercises in local schools and communities can be used for exercise, relaxation and focusing the mind as well as providing basic stimulation. Basic health and hygiene education and support will make the difference in the overall quality of the community’s lives.
You will be involved in one to one special needs education and training the wider community of Nepal in basic health care. This means that the work you do has both immediate and long-term benefits, and goes a long way in addressing the problems caused by the shortage of resources and skilled labour
in the Nepalese health care system.
Thailand and Nepal's short, mid, and long-term objectives
All of our programs have short, mid and long-term objectives that fit with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This enables us to report on our collaborative impact across the world in a streamlined manner, measuring which UN SDGs we are making a substantial contribution to. Furthermore, this will help our local partners and communities measure and visualize their contribution to the UN SDGs.
Upon arrival to base, you will be educated about the history of the UN SDGs. You will learn about the specific goals of your location, the long-, mid- and short-term objectives, and also clarification of how your personal, shorter-term involvement contributes to these goals on a global level.
Our aim is to educate you on local and global issues, so that you continue to act as active global citizens after your program, helping to fulfil our mission of building a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference.
Learn about the long-term objectives you will be contributing to in Thailand:
1. To provide equal, quality education to children of all backgrounds.
2. To Promote Good Health and Wellbeing through education to all children
3. Increase skills for local people to assist with equal employment opportunities in our communities within Takuapa and Ban Nham Khem
4. Increase awareness of local populations to environmental issues and facilitate change towards sustainability through scientific studies.
5. Increase our in-country capacity by providing environmental and conservation education and training
6. To assist and develop local coastal conservation efforts through providing practical support to project partners, data collection, awareness raising and habitat restoration
Learn about the long-term objectives you will be contributing to in Nepal:
1. Support students to reach learning goals appropriate to their Age (under 5s) Grade level (5-18 year olds) or Individual Need (students with Special Needs)
2.Support students to expand their English vocabulary
3. Increase the knowedge and understanding of Healthcare in the community with an emphasis on prevention
4. Develop the skills of women in the community in order to improve their potential to generate income or to become more self sufficient
5. Support the local community with improved facilities with an emphasis on educational and health and safety needs
6. To minimize our environmental impact in Lakeside and raise awareness of environmental issues amongst volunteers and the students with whom we work