Testimonial from Panthera
Our association with GVI has been a win-win situation. GVI has been gathering data on jaguars, sea turtles and the relationship of the two species for over 8 years now. Their data gathering using volunteers from all around the world is of great value. By providing scientific advice and coordination, Panthera and Researcher Stephanny Arroyo-Arce have partnered with GVI to investigate and document one of the most interesting jaguar areas to date. The outcome of these investigations will result in management actions that will guarantee the conservation of jaguars and other fauna in TNP for the long term. Specifically, GVI is assisting in the achievement of the following objectives:
- Increasing our knowledge of jaguar status in Tortuguero National Park.
- Understanding the predator-prey relationship between jaguars and sea turtles.
- Documenting the unique social behaviour of jaguars in the beach of TNP.
- Recommending management actions to park administrators.
- Providing environmental education focused on jaguars and sea turtles to communities in the buffer zone of TNP.