On this program, you will be joining a team of international participants stationed on base camp in the Tortuguero National Park. You will be participating in important research on wildlife species including Jaguars, Aquatic Birds, Sea Turtles, and more. You will be observing and interacting with the various species in their natural habitat, noting their behaviours, how they interact with others, and where they fit into the bigger picture of the Costa Rican habitat. This research is crucial to the local community and also aides conservation efforts by the Costa Rican government, who are working actively to preserve forests and national parks in the region.
Taking part with a GVI program shows you are committed to your own professional and personal development. This program will provide you with a range of transferable and practical skills, as well as providing you the sufficient training required in order to gain experience in the fields of both research and wildlife conservation. This program is the perfect stepping stone for a career in conservation and will set you up to pursue your dreams in the field should you wish to do so!
The Rainforest Exploration and Biodiversity program will provide you with a lifetime of memories, including:
- Meeting new friends from all over the world, who also have a passion for conservation;
- Calling the Costa Rican National Park your adventure-filled home during your stay;
- Being exposed to remarkable coastal environments and its noteworthy flora;
- Interacting with various notable bird species, sea turtles, monkeys, birds and amphibians, to name a few; and
- Gaining practical experience in the field, setting you up for a career in conservation should you wish to pursue employment after.
Surrounded by amazing, rich and diverse rainforest is surreal. Whether its trudging knee deep in mud or working a leatherback, it is truly a rewarding and unforgettable experience!! Plus, there aren´t many opportunities to meet people from such different walks of life.