Nine inspirational travel and volunteering quotes
For those who are driven to make the world a better place, volunteering abroad is a great way to get the most out of your travel experience.
By choosing an ethical volunteering program you can be sure you’ll be contributing to local and global sustainable efforts while fully immersing yourself in the local culture or natural environment. We’ve complied some of our favorite inspiring travel and volunteering quotes to explain why we find volunteer travel a meaningful travel experience.
Read on, get inspired, and we hope to see you soon on one of our programs where you can make a lasting impact.
1) “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
2) “It takes a village to save the planet.” – GVI CEO Steve Gwenin
3) “[B]egin challenging your own assumptions. Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while or the light won’t come in.” – Alan Alda
4) “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
5) “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
6) “Traveling makes one modest — you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
7) “Fear is to me for people who don’t get out very much.” – Rick Steves
8) “And then I realized adventure was the best way to learn.” – Author unknown
9) “Just to travel is rather boring, but to travel with a purpose is educational and exciting.” – Sargent Shriver
Ready to travel to one of GVI’s 20 locations across the globe? Join a conservation or community development program, and make your trip count. Speak to a member of our team today.
- Cape Coast
- Cape Town
- Chiang Mai
- Community Development
- Fiji Islands
- Gap Year
- GVI Live
- Kampong Cham
- Luang Prabang
- Mahe and Curieuse
- Marine Conservation
- Personal Development
- Phang Nga
- Responsible Travel
- Service Learning
- Study Abroad
- Under 18
- Wildlife Conservation
- Women's Empowerment