GVI operates two bases located in the crystal clear waters of the Indian Ocean among the beautiful islands of the Seychelles: Curieuse Island and the island of Mahe, both within National Marine Parks next to stunning palm-fringed beaches and forested areas. This program will focus on gaining a better understanding of the local ecosystem and preserving its biodiversity in the Seychelles, specifically on Curieuse Island.
These projects range in content suitable for students studying academic disciplines such as:
- Biological & Environmental Sciences.
Example project activities include:
- Beach profiling and Coco de Mer monitoring;
- Invasive species investigation and removal;
- Native vegetation restoration;
- Workshops on eco-tourism with resort/hotel guests.
I gained invaluable field surveying experience which helped to solidify what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I have applied to university to study Environmental Science and hopefully pursue a career in environmental research.