The program will focus on improving basic human rights through educational development, infrastructure improvement, and reciprocal cultural exchange, and will take place in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, with white sands, palm trees, and deep blue waters of the Caribbean coast on the Yucatan Peninsula.
These projects range in content suitable for students studying academic disciplines such as:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Sports and Exercise
- Biological & Environmental Sciences
- Global Health.
Example project activities include:
- Environmental awareness workshops;
- Conversational English lessons;
- Working with children with special needs;
- Providing women’s health workshops and general health campaigns;
- Holding sports clinics or engaging in sport activities with children with special needs;
- Business development workshops on marketing and advertising, business plans, management and sales, budgeting and forecasting, SWAT analysis, or presentation skills.
At the request of the school staff, we created learning materials so the staff can teach road safety and assisted with initiating a clothing drive to raise funds for the school. I think it’s very exciting for GVI to be initiating this program to assist in providing the best opportunities to these children. I look forward to following the GVI blog to see how this program develops!