The objectives for each GVI project are based on specific United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. In Cape Town, students will largely contribute to need-based community development projects in Cape Town’s surrounding township areas that primarily improve the general infrastructure and learning environments for local disadvantaged children.
Cape Town's short, mid, and long-term objectives
All of our programs have short, mid and long-term objectives that fit with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. This enables us to report on our collaborative impact across the world in a streamlined manner, measuring which UN SDGs we are making a substantial contribution to. Furthermore, this will help our local partners and communities measure and visualize their contribution to the UN SDGs.
Upon arrival to base, you will be educated about the history of the UN SDGs. You will learn about the specific goals of your location, the long-, mid- and short-term objectives, and also clarification of how your personal, shorter-term involvement contributes to these goals on a global level.
Our aim is to educate you on local and global issues, so that you continue to act as active global citizens after your program, helping to fulfil our mission of building a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference.
Learn about the long-term objectives you will be contributing to in Cape Town:
1. Reduce our Carbon Foot print and impact on natural resources
2. Increase skills for local people to assist with equal employment opportunities in our communities Nomzamo for both men and women
3. Increase awareness of GVI projects in-country
4. Increased quality of health and safety conditions for children in the local community
5. Increase in-country capacity by providing training to less advantaged people in South Africa
6. Increase access to educational support programs in the community